The Chair is attached to the Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA).
Jean-Pierre Landau is an Associate Professor of Economics at SciencesPo (Paris) and a Research Fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School. He has worked in the French Government for most of his career. He served as Deputy Governor of the Banque de France (2006-2011), Executive Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank (Washington) as well as Undersecretary at the Ministry of Finance. He has been Visiting Lecturer at Princeton University (Woodrow Wilson School) and Visiting professor at SAIS (John Hopkins – Washington DC).
As the chairholder, Jean-Pierre Landau is responsible for the Chair’s academic leadership, with assistance from a research assistant.
The Scientific Committee meets at least once a year to discuss and define the academic aspects and orientations of the Chair’s activities. Headed by the chairholder, the committee gathers Sciences Po faculty along with external academics and experts. The committee members are:
- Régis Bismuth, professor at Sciences Po Law School
- Lee Buchheit, lawyer, honorary professor at the University of Edinburgh and former partner at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, New York
- George Chouliarakis, Senior Fellow, Mossavar-Rahmani Center, Harvard Kennedy School and Former Alternate Minister of Finance of Greece 2015-2019
- Elena Daly, sovereign debt expert, formerly visiting lecturer at HEC-Paris, Queen Mary University, and Stanford University Law School, and contributing author to « Sovereign Debt Management » (Oxford University Press, 2014).
- Nicolas Delalande, professor at Sciences Po Centre for History
- Anna Gelpern, professor of Law at Georgetown University and senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Thomas Laryea, international law and policy expert in sovereign debt restructuring and Africa-related finance and investment
- Philippe Martin, professor of Economics at Sciences Po (Department of Economics) and deputy chair of the French Council of Economic Analysis
- Rodrigo Olivares-Caminal, professor in Banking and Finance Law at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary University, London
- Ugo Panizza, professor of International Economics at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva
- Xavier Ragot, Professor of Economics at Sciences Po (Department of Economics) and President of OFCE
- Jérôme Sgard, professor of Political Economy at Sciences Po CERI
- Christoph Trebesch, Professor of Economics, Kiel University and Kiel Institute for the World Economy
The Steering committee meets twice a year. It brings together the chairholder, the Dean of PSIA, and the sponsor’s representatives.
The Chair is funded by one exclusive sponsor: Global Sovereign Advisory (GSA). Founded by Anne-Laure Kiechel, GSA is an independent firm dedicated to advising States and State-owned entities around the world on strategic matters. GSA promotes a holistic approach to the public sector, addressing economic, financial as well as policy issues.