- Alumni & Donors
- Get started
- Fees & Funding
- Get involved
Your student card is issued once you have completed your on line administrative registration (including having provided all supporting documents and having paid your tuition fees).
For degree-seeking students, your student card is valid for the duration of your studies (Bachelor/Master).
You will be issued with a new stamp every year which will validate your registration for the current academic year.
Your student card includes your family name and first name and/or the year of graduation as well as your unique Sciences Po student ID number (number of your student card).
How to use your studend card
Your student card is essential during your studies at Sciences Po, it allows you to:
- Access to the library facilities, borrow books and journals etc. Your library borrower's number is the same as your student ID number.
- Access certain secured buildings: the journalism school, etc.
- Benefit from certain student reductions (transports, cultural activities, etc.).
- Pay for photocopy at Sciences Po.
In order not to damage your student card, we recommend however that you use the specific photocopy cards which are on sale at the library and in the lobby of 27 rue Saint-Guillaume.
It contains no information regarding your social security, additional health insurance and tuition fees. You will be issued with a receipt once you have paid your tuition fees. You will have access to official certificates if you are covered by French social security of an additional health insurance.
What steps to follow if you have a problem
Borrowing library books
- If you are unable to scan your student card when borrowing library books (damaged barcode for example), please contact the service that issued you with your student card.
- If you are not recognised in the database Best Seller, please contact the library on the ground floor at 30 Rue Saint-Guillaume.
- If your card is not working but is not damaged please contact SEDECO 00 33 (0)2 47 91 85 85. You should specify the number of the photocopying machine as well as its location.
- If the magnetic barcode is damaged (scratched, broken etc,) please contact the service that issued you the card for a replacement card. Warning: any money left on the card will not be refunded.
Library access problems
- Check the validity date on your student card. If this date has passed, please contact the department which issued your student card.
- If the badge reader flashes red when using your student card, please contact the department which issued your student card.
- If the badge reader lights up as orange or does not respond, please report the incident to the main library desk at 30 Rue Saint-Guillaume.
- If the badre reader lights up as red and remains like this when passing your student card over the reader, please contact the department which issued your student card.
Damaged student card
- A badge reader that flashes red indicates that your student card is damaged.
- Your card will not be damaged with the humidity. It should not be folded in half or cut up. It should not be worn in the back pockets of your trousers.
- Your card should remain in its plastic cover in order to preserve the magnetic barcode.
Replacing your student card
You can replace your student card according to the following conditions:
- Replacement of a damaged, stolen or lost card : 18 €
- Replacement of a student card which no longer works: free of charge.