- Alumni & Donors
- Get started
- Fees & Funding
- Get involved
Sciences Po Health Centre
The Sciences Po Health Centre is available to:
- receive, inform and advise students, faculty, staff and the wider community of Sciences Po
- carry out certain routine healthcare services, on prescription or in an emergency *
- schedule medical appointments on site (but not for the provision of medical certificates for sports or absence from class)
- prescribe and renew treatments
- provide psychological support
- provide space to rest if required
On the Paris Campus
The Sciences Po Health Centre is located at 13, rue de l’Université (courtyard, on the right).
Christelle Lassoukpo, Health Centre assistant, is there Monday to Friday, 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 4pm.
You can reach her by phone on 01 45 49 51 76 or by email.
Infirmary (with or without an appointment)
- Monday to Thursday: 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 5.30pm
- Friday: 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 4.30pm
If you would like to make an appointment, please send an email to Christelle Lassoukpo.
Chrystelle WELTER is a qualified nurse and is available to offer guidance and information. She also carries out certain routine and prescribed treatments, provides healthcare advice, clinical supervision, nursing aftercare and can make referrals to other healthcare providers.
You can reach her by phone on 01 45 49 59 99 and by email. She speaks French and understands English.
Outside Infirmary opening hours or if the nurse is absent, please contact the appariteurs (porters’ office) at the entrance to the building.
Doctor - general practioner (by appointment)
Dr Valérie Auslender, general practitioner, is available by appointment:
- Monday, 2pm – 6pm
- Wednesday, 2pm – 6pm
- Thursday, 9am – 1pm
Dr Auslender conducts visits in French or English.
Please note: Dr. Auslender cannot be declared as your médecin traitant to your health insurer.
Psychological support services (by appointment)
To help students manage their psychological health, Sciences Po offers individual meetings with mental health professionals who are there to listen and provide support and counseling.
Ms Alexandra Clarou, psychologist, is available by appointment:
- Tuesday, 8.30am – 12.30pm
- Thursday, 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm
Dr Olivier Tarragano, psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, is available by appointment:
- Monday, 2.15pm – 3.45pm
- Tuesday, 2.15pm – 3.45pm
- Wednesday, 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Friday, 2.15pm – 3.45pm
He speaks French and English.
Quiet rooms and Sick rooms
If you are feeling unwell, sick rooms with an emergency bed are available in each of the buildings of the Sciences Po Paris campus. To access a sick room, please ask the appariteurs (porters) at the building reception or at the Health Centre.
- 9, rue de la Chaise - third floor
- 56, rue des Saints-Pères - ground floor
- 117, boulevard Saint-Germain - lower ground floor
- 199, boulevard Saint-Germain - ground floor beside room 501
- 13, rue de l'Université - ground floor Health Centre, entrance courtyard on right
- 27, rue Saint Guillaume - first floor, door n°122
- 28, rue des Saints-Pères - ground floor
We work in tandem with the university health service known as SIUMPPS (“Service Interuniversitaire de Médecine Préventive-Promotion de la santé”)
Université René Descartes-Paris 5
45, rue des Saints-Pères
First floor, room T 145
Ph. 01 42 86 21 29
The doctors who work for this service do not write prescriptions, but they can provide:
- The medical certificate required for adjustments to study and exam schedules ("tiers temps") for students with disabilities or chronic medical conditions.
- The medical certificate required for community living in student halls of residence ("cités universitaires").
- The annual medical certificate required for ALL sports at Sciences Po (bring your “carnet de santé” if you have one and your student card).
All first-year students must have a medical check-up with this service. You will receive notification of your appointment during the academic year.
Other consultations are available on Doctolib : make an appointment online (fr.)
In an emergency
On campus: security control centre at 27 rue Saint-Guillaume, ph. 01 45 49 55 55 (available 24h/7).
Emergency numbers on France:
- 112 is the number to call for emergency services throughout the European Union.
- 15 is for the SAMU (ambulance/paramedics service)
- 18 is for the nearest fire station, which also administers first aid
- 3654 for SOS médecin (12c/minute), for doctors who make house calls, 24/7, 365 days/year
To find a doctor in your neighbourhood, please call SOS Médecin, ph. 01 47 07 77 77.
On the regional campuses
On the regional campuses, healthcare professionals are available at regular times.