Scenes of Summer
- Picnics, courses, speakers and activities this summer
- July session Orientation
Highlights of the 2015 Summer School
Our June and July sessions welcomed nearly 300 participants for four or eight weeks on our Paris campus.
Here are a few of the highlights of the summer:
- Learning, and LOTS of it! Students in the social sciences track devoted 48 classroom hours per month to the topic of their choice. Those in the French language track spent over 70 hours studying towards their own language goals en français. Learn more about our two academic tracks on the social sciences courses page or the French Language courses page.
- Speaker Series featuring guest speakers from the Sciences Po community, notably Enrico Letta and Bruno Latour. Topics range from the European Crisis to the COP 21 climate talks to fashion in France and the Champagne market. Read more about the Speaker Series.
- Out-of-the-classroom activities, just to name a few: boat trips down the Seine river, tours of museums such as the Conciergerie or Musée Carnavalet, visit to the French Senate, walks around Parisian neighbourhoods such as Montmartre or the Marais, bike tour, and more!
- Exploring the best that Paris had to offer after class. From discounts at museums, visits to Versailles, the Fête de la Musique to the Bastille Day fireworks on July 14, our students have taken Paris by storm. Keep up with them on the Summer School Facebook group.
Read what some students have to say:
Theodor, Romania: social sciences track, Sustainable Development
"The Summer School has been great, absolutely great. I wasn’t aware that I could do both fun and work at the same time.”
Zachary, United States: French language track, level A1
"The Summer School has been a really good way for me to get a taste of what French culture is like, to get a taste of the language and of Sciences Po."