Apply to the 2019 Summer School
- Students exploring Paris in Summer 2018 (photo: Didier Pazery, 2018)
The deadline to apply to the 2019 Summer School is rapidly approaching!
Course availability: The Summer School has rolling admissions and admitted students may register for courses on a first-come, first-served basis. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible. Class sizes are limited and classes will be closed when they fill up.
Housing: The number of spots available in housing options for the University Programme is limited and is not guaranteed for all students. If you would like to ensure that you can reserve housing through the Summer School, we strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the final deadlines. Accommodation is guaranteed for all participants in the Pre-College Programme.
Visas: Every year, a certain number of students need visas in order to attend the Summer School. If this applies to you, please factor this additional time into your application. You will need a Summer School enrolment letter to apply for the visa, which you will only receive once you have been admitted and paid the programme fees.
- June session: 15 April 2019
- July session: 15 May 2019
- Eligibility: University students, graduates, and high school students in their final year of secondary studies. Learn more about eligibility and language requirements.
- Programme Dates: Two four-week sessions: 3-28 June 2019 & 2-26 July 2019.
- How to Apply: University Programme application instructions.
Held on the Paris campus in the heart of the historic Saint-Germain-des-Prés neighbourhood, the University Programme proposes two academic tracks in social sciences and French language. Both academic tracks are offered during the June and July sessions. Each session, students pick one core course from either academic track and, in addition, may choose to take an optional elective class.
- Students in the social sciences track delve into one of Sciences Po’s core disciplines, with courses in international relations, political science, economics, public policy, sociology, history and more. Courses are taught in English by Sciences Po professors.
- Students in the French language track are placed at one of six levels of French, from complete beginner to advanced. At all levels, students take a variety of courses to reinforce language learning while benefiting from immersion in Paris.
- Optional elective classes, open to students in both tracks, allow participants to explore a new topic, delve into a subject of interest, or combine the study of French language and social sciences.
Application deadline: 30 April 2019
- Eligibility: High school students who will still be enrolled in secondary school in Fall 2019. Learn more about eligibility and language requirements.
- Programme Dates: One three-week session, 7-27 July 2019.
- How to Apply: Pre-College Programme application instructions.
The Pre-College Programme is a unique opportunity for secondary school students to discover university life and academics at Sciences Po. Master classes, taught entirely in English by Sciences Po professors and researchers, address current international issues from an interdisciplinary perspective, while elective classes allow students to delve into one of Sciences Po’s core disciplines (international relations, political science, law, etc.) or to study French as a foreign language.
The first two weeks of the Pre-College Programme take place on Sciences Po’s campus in the historic city of Reims, in the heart of France’s Champagne region. During the final week in Paris, students take classes on Sciences Po’s Paris campus and explore the capital’s landmarks and cultural sites.