How to apply to the Pre-College Programme
The Summer School is currently accepting applications for the 2023 Pre-College Programme. Applications may only be submitted via Sciences Po's online application platform.
Application timeline and deadlines
Applying to the Pre-College Programme requires the successful completion of a selective application process. The Pre-College Programme has rolling admissions; the admissions jury meets regularly, and candidates may expect to receive a response approximately one month after submitting a complete application. As the Summer School receives a very high number of applications, the Summer School is unable to provide individual feedback on candidates' application. The admissions jury bases its decision on the candidate's academic background and motivation for the programme.
Please note that there are a limited number of spots available in the programme and per elective course. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply early in order to maximize the chances of their application being considered, and if admitted in the programme, to enrol in their first choice of elective course. The number of spots in the programme available decreases as the deadline approaches and admissions will close when the programme is full.
The final deadlines to submit an application for the 2023 Pre-College Programme are as follows:
- On-campus Session: May 2nd, 2023
- Online Session: May 16th, 2023
Required information and documents
Candidates need to provide the following information as part of their application:
- Personal information (name, address, etc.) and identity photo
- Identity card or passport
- Academic background information:
- Certificate of enrolment from current secondary school (official document provided by the school that confirms current and past enrolment AND expected graduation date).
- Academic transcripts indicating classes taken and grades received for the academic years 2022-23 and 2021-22.
- English language level verification for candidates who are not native English speakers. Admitted candidates who wish to take an elective course taught in French, and who are not French native speakers, will also need to provide proof of French level. Find a list of the accepted language level verifications on the Eligibility page.
- Explanation of motivation (in English): This critical component of your application is an opportunity for you to explain your goals for your course of study at the Summer School’s Pre-College Programme. The letter must be written in English and the text space is limited to 1000 words or less. We kindly ask candidates to indicate their preferences in terms of elective courses.
- Letter of recommendation: This letter may be written (in French or in English) by a teacher, a school director, or any other academic instructor capable of attesting to your personal motivation and academic performance.
Note: When completing your application, you will be asked to fill out your referee's contact information. An automatic email will be sent to your referee, requesting a recommendation letter. Once your referee has uploaded the letter of recommendation, you will receive a notification and you will be able to submit your application. The Summer School does not accept letters of recommendation via email. Please note that only the referee indicated on the admission platform can submit a letter of recommendation and until he or she has, the application cannot be submitted. Please make sure to contact your referee beforehand in order to inform him or her of the application process.
Application processing fee
A non-refundable 50 € application fee is required upon submission of your application. Payment is only possible by credit card via the online application platform.