Home>Fees & Funding>Scholarships and financial aid>European Students
Scholarships and financial aid for European students
Please note: European Students are students from a European Union member state country (other than France) or from a European Economic Area (EEA) member country.
CROUS bursaries (based on household income)
European students who have studied in France for at least one year are eligible to apply for the CROUS needs-based bursary by completing a Student Social File (Dossier Social Etudiant)(fr.) on the CROUS website from the 15th January. Students are required to apply every year and must complete their application before the 15th May.
Sciences Po Europe bursary
Sciences Po has established a very ambitious social aid policy in favour of European students for their first year of study in France. European students who fulfill the eligibility requirements, will be able to apply for the Sciences Po Europe bursary.
Students from an EU member state country, a European Economic Area (EEA) member country and Switzerland are eligible to apply for the Sciences Po Europe bursary.
You will also need to meet other eligibility requirements in relation to age and income. Criteria used for awarding the Sciences Po Europe bursary is similar to those used by the Crous established every year through a ministerial circular (FR).
Please ensure that you check your Crous eligibility by calculating your Crous level on the Crous website (FR) before applying to the Sciences Po Europe bursary and that you prepare your documents according to your situation including :
- Tax notice showing all income for both parents or for the tax household to which you are attached for 2020. Read the Methodology for Tax residence in the European Economic Area (EEA) (PDF, 126 Ko);
- Proof of enrollment for any brothers and sisters enrolled in higher education for the 2022/2023 academic year;
- An administrative document (family booklet, birth certificate for example) summarising the number of brothers and sisters in your household;
- Proof of a change of situation.
If you are eligible and depending on your parents' gross income and family expense points (points de charge), you will be placed in one of the existing levels (0bis to 7).
You will thus benefit from :
- a tuition fee waiver bursary;
- a cost of living bursary (disbursed in 10 monthly instalments from September to June).
Sciences Po Europe bursary is only awarded during the first year of study in France. For the second year of study, it will be possible to apply for the Crous bursary through their dedicated website.
Important information: Students are not authorised to accumulate the Sciences Po Europe bursary with any other bursary, grant or scholarship and in particular a bursary, grant or scholarship awarded by a foreign government.
How to apply?
You can submit your application for the Sciences Po Europe bursary as soon as you have been accepted to Sciences Po and from April, 11th 2022. The deadline for applications is May, 10th 2022.
The online application form will be open again from June, 6th to June, 20th 2022 for students accepted to Sciences Po after May, 20th 2022.
To apply, you will need to:
- Complete and submit the online application form by logging in with your Sciences Po email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and including all requested supporting documents.
- Please ensure that your supporting documents are clearly legible, translated into French or English, and in pdf, png, jpeg format and ˂ 5 Mo in size;
- If your application is incomplete, we will remind you only once. Incomplete applications or received after the deadline will not be dealt with.
- Register administratively according to Sciences Po’s administrative registration calendar. When completing your administrative registration, ensure that you declare yourself as a bursary student « I declare a scholarship or a specific situation and calculate my tuition fees », at step 2:
- If you have already received the certificate confirming your Sciences Po Europe bursary by email, you will need to upload it at step 5 of your administrative registration;
- If you have not yet received the certificate confirming your Sciences Po Europe bursary by email, you will need to request additional time at step 5 of your administrative registration;
- If your bursary application is unsuccessful, you will receive a rejection notification and will need to upload this document in order to finalise your administrative registration. Sciences Po will then carry out a calculation of your tuition fees.
- Add your full bank details (RIB) in your Sciences Po online area («administrative services, housing and financial aid », « registration file and certificates », «to enter your bank account details - optional»)
We aim to deal with your application within two weeks starting from when you have submitted your bursary application, only if your application is complete and including all translations in French or English.
Please Note: a bursary application does not guarantee that the bursary will be awarded. In case of non-eligibility, a tuition fees calculation will be carried out.
Any incomplete Sciences Po Europe bursary applications will be transferred for tuition fees calculation.
Financial aid for students without a Crous Bursary
Students without a CROUS bursary whose tuition fees amount to €0 after calculation for the 2022-2023 academic year will receive an annual financial aid of €400 (roughly 50% of the additional Sciences Po cost of living bursary for the CROUS level 0Bis).
This aid will be disbursed as a lump sum from September 2022 onwards provided that the student’s administrative registration is finalised. It will only be disbursed for years or semesters (50% of the amount) during which courses are attended at Sciences Po or during compulsory internship periods.
Other Scholarships for European Students
|Aulagnon-Bettan Prize||First year students at Sciences Po|
|Bourses Talents (formerly known as "Diversity in the Civil Service bursary (ALDIV)")||Students registered at Sciences Po in competitive exam preparation for the French civil service. Students from an EU or EEA member country or Swiss nationals are eligible to apply for this bursary|
|Campus France (Grant Search Engine)||Students who intend to study at Sciences Po at the undergraduate studies or Masters level|
|DAAD Merit Scholarship||German students who wish to spend their Master studies at Sciences Po|
|Fondation de France (scholarships guidebook)||Students who intend to study at the undergraduate studies or Masters level|
|French Government Scholarships (AEFE)||Étudiants internationaux issus du réseau des lycées français à l'étranger|
|Fundings from Sciences Po's School of Research||Sciences Po's PhD students|
|Institut National du Service Public (INSP) Bursary||Students registered at Sciences Po in the preparatory course for the Institut National du Service Public (INSP)|
|One-Year Master's Programme Scholarships||A select number of outstanding students|
DOWNLOAD THE TUITION FEES & SCHOLARSHIPS GUIDE
Reception on site, without appointment, at 13 rue de 1'Université, 1st floor:
- Monday & Wednesday from 9:30am to 12pm and from 1:30pm to 4pm
- Friday from 9:30am to 12pm
Digital reception on Zoom, without appointment at the following times:
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30am to 12pm and from 1:30pm to 4pm