The GPPN Annual Conference in Paris
- © GPPN Annual Conference
Sciences Po School of Public Affairs is pleased to invite you to the Global Public Policy Network Annual Conference in Paris on February 17th and 18th, 2017
WHAT IS THE GPPN?
Founded in 2005, the Global Public Policy Network (GPPN) is an international group of seven top public policy schools from around the world:
- School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), Columbia University; New York, U.S
- Institute of Public Affairs (IPA), London School of Economics and Political Science; London
- School of Public Affairs, Sciences Po; Paris, France
- Hertie School of Governance; Berlin, Germany
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore (NUS); Singapore
- Graduate School of Public Policy(GraSPP), University of Tokyo; Tokyo, Japan
- Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo ; São Paulo, Brazil
The GPPN’s mission is to address the most pressing public policy challenges of the 21st century, and as a result to have an impact on policy, be influential in public policy education and training, and to be innovative in teaching and research methods.
What is the GPPN Annual Conference?
Every year the GPPN organizes an international conference on a specific theme related to public policy. Students from each partner university have the opportunity to apply to present a project in front of the deans, honored guests and participating students from member schools. Members of a jury select the best project(s) to receive the GPPN prize.
How is the GPPN Prize organized?
Students from the GPPN member schools are invited to develop a solution, reaching an operational prototype level, which uses policy innovation, ICTs, and/or data analytics to achieve the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- Good Health and Well Being
- Affordable and clean energy
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
DAY 1 – Friday, 17th February
- 09:00 - 09:10 Welcome remarks from Yann Algan, Dean of the Sciences Po School of Public Affairs
- 09:10 - 9:25 Keynote speech by Dr. Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief of The Lancet
- 9:25 - 10:55 Presentation of projects in 180 seconds by student teams part 1
- 10:55 - 11:10 Coffee break
- 11:10 - 12:50 Presentation of projects in 180 seconds by student teams part 2
- 12:50 - 13:00 Remarks from Frédéric Mion, President of Sciences Po
To register, click here
DAY 2 – Saturday, 18th February
- 09:45 - 9:55 Opening remarks: Anne-Marie Idrac, President of the Sciences Po School of Public Affairs Strategic Committee, Former French Minister of Transportation and Former French Minister for Foreign Trade
- 09:55 - 10:15 Keynote speech by Dr. Alaa Murabit, Founder of the Voice of Libyan Women, selected by the UN Secretary-General to promote the Sustainable Development Goals
- 10:15 - 11:15 Presentation of projects 1, 2, 3 (20 minutes per group)
- 11:15 - 11:30 Coffee Break
- 11:30 - 12:10 Presentation of projects 4 and 5 (20 minutes per group)
- 12:10 - 12:30 Keynote speech: by Laurence Tubiana, Agence Française de Developpement
To register, click here