The CPCE scheduling follows the calendar of examinations published by EPSO (PDF, 128 Ko) and prepares students aiming to become permanent officials for the Administrator-level examination.
Conditions for the competition
- You must have the nationality of one of the 28 countries of the European Union;
- You must have completed at least three years of higher education (i.e. Bac +3 equivalent);
- Other particular conditions can be specified in the notice of competition.
The European examination include four phases:
- registration (creation of a personal account and application submission on the EPSO site);
- pre-selection (admission tests);
- selection (assessment centre);
- recruitment (entry into service).
Further information on the website Eu Careers.
EPSO requires proficiency in at least two languages of the European Union: main language (1st language) plus English, French or German (2nd language).
1 - The admission tests (Computer Based Tests)
The examination consists of 4 tests taken on a computer:
- situational judgement (2nd language)
- verbal reasoning (1st language);
- numerical reasoning (1st language);
- abstract reasoning (1st language).
2 - The assessment centre (opened for people having passed the admission)
From 2015, the assessment center has become a two-steps evaluation procedure.
A computer test : the "e-tray test" (2nd language)
Then 4 other tests:
- case study in the field in question (2nd language)
- oral presentation (2nd language)
- structured interview (2nd language)
- group exercises (2nd language).
The three last tests are oral examinations.