Master in Arts and Politics
What is the programme SPEAP?
The programme SPEAP (former Master in Arts and Politics) is a one-year programme for mid-career professionals with at least four years of experience. It is taught in French. Find out more about this program on the Master en arts politiques French page.
This programme brings together architects, designers, academics, public servants, managers, researchers, administrators, activists and curators who wish to enhance their skills, develop inventive tools and give a new momentum to their career.
This multidisciplinary programme is driven by key notions of experimentation, inquiry and innovation that explore the points of articulation and connection between scientific, artistic, and political fields. Young professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds will confront concrete societal and political issues through a range of classes and pedagogical formats that combine scientific and artistic methods.
The programme's conceptual framework is based on the fields of social sciences and humanities (including philosophy, sociology, history and science). The programme combines theoretical teaching with pragmatic tools and concepts, through group work and workshops that are comprised of exercises in which participants co-develop and test practical solutions to real-world issues.
The Sciences Po Medialab, a leading-edge research hub, offers participants access to a variety of professionalizing tools, including controversy mapping, visual network analysis and design methods. This digital toolkit is used to explore and analyse social science methods and political arts questions, allowing participants to share their knowledge and skills, and also incorporate the use of films, performances, and digital media.
- one core course, 4 h per week: « Performances and Political Arts » (Jean-Michel Frodon and Frédérique Aït-Touati)
- one workshop, 4 h per week (practical exercises, commissions)
- one common core curriculum course
- three elective courses to choose among the courses of the School of Public Affairs, according to the professional objectives of the student
- three intensive weeks to develop practical skills and methods.
- The structure of the program is compatible with a part-time professional activity.
Programme in 2022/2023:
As the programme SPEAP is evolving towards a new format from September 2023. It is no longer a Master but a certificate.
Opening date of the admission procedure: 7 March 2023.
Deadline for sending (complete) applications: 27 April 2023 midnight.
Documents to be sent for the admission procedure (to be sent by e-mail to email@example.com)
- 1 CV
- Official transcripts certifying the years of higher education and the translation (unofficial) if they were neither in French nor in English
- Proof of French language proficiency (DELF or DALF) is recommended, if candidates have not passed the Baccalauréat or at least two years of study in French
- A portfolio
- A letter of motivation in French
- One or two professional references
Eligible candidates will be invited to an oral admission test in May.
The tuition fee is 10,000 euros.
For any enquiries regarding the programme, please send us an email.