European & Transnational Government Network Certificate
- European & Transnational Government Network Certificate
Who We are
The European & Transnational Government Network (ETGN) is a training and development partnership among eight prestigious European academic and research institutions, offering transnational perspectives on governance issues of the 21st century:
- Central European University
- College of Europe, Bruges Campus
- College of Europe, Natolin Campus
- École Nationale d'Aministration
- School of Transnational Governance, European University Institute
- Hertie School
- Sciences Po
- SDA Bocconi School of Management
Founded in 2018, the ETGN consortium partners share knowledge and competences and deliver collaborative executive education, providing participants with the opportunity to receive the ETGN certificate.
The evolving COVID-19 pandemic has affected individuals, communities, and institutions on a global scale. In view of this unprecedented pandemic, the ETGN has to take adequate contingency measures in order to contribute to the efforts of public authorities and the general public in containing the coronavirus and to safeguard the health of the ETGN community and its partners. To this end, we have taken a decision on postponing some of the ETGN training courses notably those that have been scheduled for the upcoming days and weeks or adapting them to be delivered via new channels of communication.
ETGN is continuously monitoring developments, including all legal or procedural regulations introduced by the relevant authorities to efficiently plan for, swiftly respond to, and effectively communicate with stakeholders about the COVID-19 and any changes in the operations of the ETGN.
For more information about specific courses, please consult the relevant ETGN partner institutions’ websites or staff.
Registration for courses which are scheduled for spring, summer and fall of 2020 remains open as scheduled.
The mission of the ETGN is to provide mid-career and senior professionals a unique opportunity to deepen and extend their knowledge and competences in the area of public policy innovation in relation to European and Transnational Governance.
Therefore, the ETGN develops innovative, interactive and impactful executive education training initiatives, leveraging the comparative advantages of the academic curricula of the participating institutions.
The trainings have a strong orientation towards civic service to include civil society and private sector organisations across the world.
What We Offer
The ETGN executive education trainings transfer knowledge and competences from the classroom to the workplace and address both current and future transnational policy challenges.
The ETGN's joint executive education equips participants with the relevant skills and networking experience that will positively impact their long-term career performance while also providing benefits to society-at-large.
What You Will get
- A multidisciplinary approach that combines sector competences with leadership and management skills in a multicultural training environment
- Evidence-based knowledge and competences grounded in leading innovative research
- Access to a network of internationally renowned teachers and trainers from both academia, public institutions and private practice
- The co-creation of knowledge through individual, professional experience exchange among peers in a safe training space
The ETGN Certificate
The ETGN releases the Joint Certificate on European and Transnational Governance to all participants who have completed executive education training courses at three partner institutions, for a minimum of one hundred hours, within a maximum period of two years.
A scholarship scheme to support the mobility of participants interested in receiving the Joint Certificate is made available by the network partners.
Scholarships are competitive awards based on academic excellence, personal suitability and motivation. A Selection Committee from the ETGN Partners will evaluate scholarship applications according to the following criteria: (i) academic background, achievements (awards, publications) and relevance of the applicant’s academic profile (40%);(ii) personal suitability (work experience, international experience and other personal achievements) and added value of the selected executive training courses for the academic/professional project of the applicant (40%), (iii) motivation and understanding of the ETNG joint certificate system (20%). Applicants interested to receive a scholarship should submit a CV (max 2 pages) and a short motivation letter (max 0,5 pages). Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Our Guiding Principles
- Recognition and understanding that 21st century policy-making crosses national boundaries, involving domestic and public institutions in an increasingly interconnected and interdependent world where public actors must successfully interact with civil society organisations and private sector entities;
- Commitment to a consistent proven track record of excellence in European and transnational governance research, education, and policy dialogue;
- Foundation and Rigour in both social and human sciences, which provides the broader analytical skills to understand world interdependencies in order to successfully address social challenges, via well-designed and broadly evaluated policy interventions;
- Transnational Knowledge emphasis that enables an understanding of the linkage between evidence-based policy-making, which continuously drives professional learning and skills development.
Is enrollment to ETGN courses still open during this emergency time?
Generally speaking, all administrative services including enrollment to courses are provided. For further information please check with the administration staff of the institution offering the course.
What if I have already taken a course from the ETGN catalogue and I made no prior request to be part of the ETGN certificate?
As long as all your executive education courses are completed at three (3) partner institutions, for a minimum of one hundred (100) hours and within a maximum period of two (2) years, you should be able to claim your certificate. Please refer to the contact person of the last partner school you got in touch with for further information.
Who are ETGN training courses targeted to?
Training courses are targeted to executives, officials, professionals of governments, professionals of International organizations and International & domestic NGOs who want to enhance their skills in policy-making beyond the state, academic curricula and interpersonal networking capabilities with peers from all over the world. Please contact the reference person of the partner institution of your interest to get a personalized orientation service and discover which course is best suitable to your needs.
What’s the average amount of each scholarship?
All questions on scholarships should be addressed to the reference person of the institution you are applying for.
For any other questions, please refer to the contact person of the training course of your partner institution.