Study in the United States

The third year in the United States : things to keep in mind

Documents to prepare right away

If you have been assigned to a university in the United States for an exchange during your Bachelor’s or Master’s programme, gather the following materials while you wait for further instructions and the paper or online application.

  • For exchanges in the third year of a Bachelor’s programme: university transcript from first year, in English and without ECTS grades, and from the first semester of second year once it becomes available. For dual degrees: transcript from Université Paris I, IV, or VI translated yourself – we will certify your translation.
  • For Master’s exchanges: full university transcript in English without ECTS grades. If your transcript is not in English, translate it yourself and we will certify your translation.
  • A photocopy of your passport, which must be valid six months after the end of the study period.
  • The original or a copy of your TOEFL or IELTS results from December 2016 at the latest for Bachelor’s exchanges and January 2017 for Master’s exchanges. Please note: these test results are valid for two years.
  • Certification of financial resources from your bank or your sponsor’s bank (in English) on bank letterhead bearing the official stamp (two copies). This document is required to obtain a visa. The amount of funds required can be found on the university website under “cost of attendance”. To calculate the exact amount, subtract tuition fees; only count the costs of housing, meals, books, etc. Keep one copy for your appointment at the US consulate.
  • Personal statement in English or French
  • Letters of recommendation in English (only for some universities)
  • CV/resume in English (only for some universities)
Back to top