Joan Clos's inaugural lesson
- Joan Clos © UN-Habitat
The Urban school has the privilege to receive Dr Joan Clos for its inaugural lesson.
Doctor Joan Clos is Under Secretary General of the UN and Executive director of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT). He occupies this post since October, 2010.
- In June 29th, 1949 : birth in Barcelona
- Years 60-70 : awarded a diploma of medicine at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), he practices during several years
- 1979 : join the municipal government of Barcelona as director(manager) of the public health
- From 1997 till 2006 : elected twice Mayor of Barcelona
- 1998 : becomes president of Metropolis, the World Association of the Big Metropolises
- 1999 : obtains a golden medal of the Royal Institute of the British Architects for the transformation of Barcelona
- 2000 : becomes president of the World Association of Cities and Local Authorities (CAMVAL/WACLAC)
- 2002 : Win the prize of honor of UN-Habitat, "Scroll of Honour Award", for its commitment to the international cooperation between local authorities and United Nations
- 2006 : Minister of Industry, of the Tourism and the Trade of Spain for 2 years
- 2010 : becomes Executive director of UN-Habitat
Dr Joan Clos is recognized for programs of large-scale town planning in Barcelona. One of its most ambitious projects was the program "22@ Barcelona ", the objective of which consisted of the rehabilitation of ruined industrial parks.
INAUGURAL LESSON : " URBANIZATION HAVE TO TOOL FOR DEVELOPMENT - THE NEW URBAN AGENDA "
Pronounced by Joan Clos,
with the interventions of
- Frédéric Mion, Director of Sciences Po
- Cornelia Woll, Director of the Studies and the Schooling
- Patrick Le Galès, Dean of the Urban school
On Friday, September 1st, at 5 pm - Amphitheater Jean Moulin - 13 University road 75007 Paris
Event reserved for the students of M1