Joan Clos at the Urban School
- Joan Clos, Patrick Braouezec and Patrick Le Galès © Brigitte Fouilland
- Joan Clos, Azzédine Taïbi and Patrick Le Galès © Brigitte Fouilland
- Joan Clos et des chercheurs de Sciences Po © Béatrice Susana-Delpech
- Inaugural lecture © Béatrice Susana-Delpech
- Frédéric Mion, Cornelia Woll, Patrick Le Galès © Béatrice Susana-Delpech
- Joan Clos's inaugural lecture © Béatrice Susana-Delpech
The Urban School had the pleasure to receive Dr Joan Clos during its welcome days. During a day rich in meetings and in exchanges, the Under Genral-secretery of the United Nations and Executive director of UN-Habitat had the opportunity to discover the missions of the school.
First of all, Dr Joan Clos, accompanied by Patrick Le Galès and Brigitte Fouilland, respectively Dean and Executive director of the Urban School, was welcomed by the ANRU (National Agency for the Urban Renovation) and Patrick Braouezec, President of the territorial public institution Plaine Communeand Vice-president of the Metropolis of Big Paris.
Then, he met Azzédine Taïbi, the Mayor of Stains (93) and visited the House of the spare time.
The day continued by a meeting with researchers of Sciences Po. An interview with Frédéric Mion, Director of Sciences Po also took place.
Then, Dr Joan Clos went to the Jean Moulin amphitheater where he pronounced the inaugural lecture to 210 new students of the Urban School. This lesson, entitled "Urbanization has has tool for development - The new urban agenda", was introduced by Frédéric Mion, Director of Sciences Po, Cornelia Woll, Director of the Studies and the Schooling and Patrick Le Galès, Dean of the Urban School.
Finally, the day ended in a cocktail during which the students were able to converse with Dr. Clos.