Conference - Shantytowns. Actors, action
- Photo Cendrine Bonami-Redler
S H A N T Y T O W N S
Conference organized by In Situ and Sciences Po Urba (Urban School alumni associations)
Sciences Po - Amphitheater Jean Moulin - 13 rue de l’Université - Paris 7.
- François SALZGEBER, Director of FNAR- Housing Policy specialist
- Patrick BRAOUEZEC, President of Intercommunity - Plaine Commune Grand Paris
- Julien DAMON, Sociologist, Associate professor at Sciences Po
- Manuel DEMOUGEOT, DIHAL – Directeur of Division : “illegal camping and shantytowns reduction”
- Sylvain GRISOT, Urban planner, Anthropologist
- Livia OTAL, Médecins du Monde organiser of “shantytowns mission”
These unprecedented migratory flows across Europe highlighted a spontaneous form of urbanization: shantytowns. France has implemented numerous reduction policies targeting them, but they have not totally disappeared. While shantytowns are not a standard way of living, their numbers are increasing. These urban entities have varied forms as well as divers inhabitants.
Towards the complexity of this situation, we invite you to discover the actors acting on these territories, to examine their objectives and to question their actions.
Registrations by e-mail: email@example.com