Dual Master in Master Management of International and Public Affairs (MIPA)
Sciences Po and Bocconi University, Milan have joined forces to set up a Dual Master in Management of International and Public Affairs (MIPA) that brings to bear their combined reputations and quality teaching. Participating students graduate from the two-year programme with the Laurea Specialistica (equivalent Master) in Economics and Management of Government and International Organizations from Bocconi and a Master’s degree from Sciences Po.
This programme is designed to train high-calibre professionals with a truly international culture and the skills to work in national or international public institutions, the private sector and non-governmental organisations.
- the first year takes place at the home university
- the second year takes place at the partner university
All students on the dual Master’s programme must:
- complete a minimum 10-week internship in France, Italy or elsewhere in the world (this internship can be done over the summer between the two years of study)
- write a final dissertation (Tesi di Laurea) of about 80 pages, in English or Italian. Students defend their dissertation before an examining board at Bocconi
Participating students are enrolled:
- at the Sciences Po Urban School in the Master of Regional and Urban Strategy (other possible Sciences Po Master’s programmes: European Affairs, Finance and Strategy, International Management and Sustainability, or at PSIA)
- at Bocconi University in the Laurea Specialistica in Economics and Management of Government and International Organizations.
The programme’s objective is to enable students from two institutions to approach similar subject material with different perspectives and methods.
The programme is multidisciplinary and multilingual (English, French and Italian). It combines the study of economics and management with the social sciences, while also offering courses with a strong professional focus. It is a selective, advanced programme based on the mutual recognition of the partner’s curricula and evaluations.
- At Sciences Po, students enrolled in the first year of a Master’s degree (fourth year of study) may apply.
- At Bocconi, students enrolled in the first year of the Economics and Management of Government and International Organizations may apply.
Prerequisites for applying to Sciences Po or Bocconi University:
- completion of the first year of a Master’s programme
- admission to a Master’s programme at Sciences Po or Bocconi University
- good English (level 4/C1)
Candidates must complete the online application form indicating their career and study plans. When creating their account, on the “Choosing an admissions procedure” page, students should select “Partnership Programmes”. They will then be directed to their target programme.
Students from the Urban School who wish to apply for the dual degree with Bocconi must inform their academic coordinator before course registration for the spring semester.
Candidates are selected by a committee based on their written application and an interview.
10 students are accepted each year at each institution.
Students pay the fees charged by their home university.
- Sciences Po students pay Sciences Po the tuition fees for the two years of the dual Master’s programme, in accordance with the rules applicable to them.
- Bocconi students pay Bocconi the tuition fees for the two years of the dual Master’s programme.
Under no circumstances may students of this dual Master’s programme apply for a scholarship from the host institution.
Paolo Modugno, International Affairs Division, Sciences Po - Email - Ph.: +33-(0)1 45 49 51 12