- Alumni & Donors
- About us
- At a glance
- Master in Economics and Business
- Master in Finance and Strategy
- Master in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
- Master in Innovation & Digital Transformation
- Master Communications, Media and Creative Industries
- Master Marketing: New Luxury & Art de Vivre
- Joint Master of Law and Finance
- One-year master's programmes
- Dual degrees
Master in Economics and Business
Working in the private sector, as a consultant, an entrepreneur or in a large multinational firm requires both a broad knowledge of economics and an aptitude to master the modern tools of management.
The Master in Economics and Business fulfills this challenge. By developing students' analytical and critical skills for the strategic issues faced by companies in the global, complex and changing business environment, it places graduates in the ideal position to successfully enter the job market in France or abroad.
- A two-year program, totally taught in English providing a multidisciplinary approach and a solid foundation in economics, finance and management
- A wide range of elective courses allowing students to customise the programme to their own interests
- A learning approach that includes both theory and practical applications, focusing on team working, presentations and case studies
- An international teaching environment with a diverse cohort of students from a wide variety of backgrounds and nationalities (more than 30 nationalities are represented)
- A privileged connection to Sciences Po's network of corporate partners
Structure and curriculum
The compulsory fundamentals of economics and management are offered during the first two semesters of studies with courses in Managerial Economics, Macroeconomics, Statistics, Marketing and Corporate Strategy, Financial Accounting, Financial Markets, Financial Analysis and Business Law.
The third semester allows students to specialise by choosing from applied and professional skills-oriented specialisations among economics, business strategy and finance.
The final semester is devoted to a compulsory internship (a minimum of 14 consecutive weeks in France or abroad) and the Grand Oral, Sciences Po's final individual oral examination.
A gap year consisting of professional internships in France or abroad between Master Years 1 and 2 is encouraged to optimise the employability of new graduates.
The Master in Economics and Business offers students the opportunity to prepare for professional certificates exams, optimising their chance of success.
Core courses are taught by members of Sciences Po's permanent faculty – notably calling upon the deep knowledge and expertise of Sciences Po's Department of Economics in the field of microeconomics - and by adjunct professors who are leading industry specialists from SciencesPo's corporate partners.
Careers and opportunities
Economics and Business graduates work in a wide variety of business sectors and roles, in France and around the world. Graduates take up positions in large multinational and industrial firms, SMEs and entrepreneurial ventures, institutions and international organizations. The program is particularly suited for students interested in a career in consulting, finance, private equity, corporate strategy, business development or project management.
Job market access is eased by leading job placements activities (corporate breakfasts, afterwork events in companies' headquarters, permanent job fairs, interviews preparation… ) that guarantee first rate professional outcomes for the students : 100% found their first job less than three months after graduation (2015 Master in Economics and Business Graduates)
For more information on careers path, read the students testimonials.