Dual Master's Degree Sciences Po / Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne: Economics and Quantitative Economics
This two year master program is made of a Master Year 1 at Paris 1, including an abroad semester of studies in a foreign partner university and a Master Year 2 spent at Sciences Po, Master in Economics.
The Dual degree between Sciences Po and Paris 1 offers the following two degrees in a common curriculum:
- Master in Economics – PhD Program - Sciences Po,
- Master Erasmus Mundus Models and Methods of Quantitative Economics of Paris 1.
Main orientations and specific features
The philosophy of this program is to aggregate sound applied economics and mathematics with social science concentrations, especially in Economics (Public Policy, micro and macroeconomics, education policy, environment policy, labor, wealth distribution…).
Gap years between year 1 and 2 are authorised, with summer internships. The last semester of studies is dedicated to specialisation courses at Sciences Po with the writing of a master dissertation supervised by either a Paris 1 Professor or a Professor of Sciences Po.
Taught entirely in English, it requires high command in English and quantitative skills.
Graduates of this dual degree will find openings in:
- PhD registration in economics and mathematics,
- Statistics engineers
- Banking, Insurance, Finance and Consulting – all disciplines that require sound quantitative skills
- Year 1 is made of Paris 1 Master Erasmus Mundus Models and Methods of Quantitative Economics, an extra course can be taken during the year at Sciences Po, among its offer in "fundamental courses", such as "Public philosophy", "History of globalisation", "Urban experience", "Gender studies"…
- Year 2 is made of Sciences Po Master degree Year 2 in Economics, with a course to choose from Paris during the year.
Admission to this dual degree follows the rules of the Dual Degree admission procedure as described on the Admission Website. The admission process is performed exclusively through this online application and supervised by both Paris 1 and Sciences Po. With the completion of the application form, the application must made of, among others, transcripts, reference letters, proofs of English command, a CV, and a cover letter.
- Applicants must hold a BA in Economics or Mathematics or a degree in engineering or be a student form Sciences Po's College. Other scientific backgrounds will also be considered.
GRE is most appreciated in applications.
- Language requirements are specified on the Admissions website.
For more information: download the presentation brochure (PDF, 1,1Mo).