Professor Florence Faucher will host an information meeting’ on February, 4 2019 at 3pm in the meeting room of the Doctoral School – 3rd floor - 199 boulevard Saint-Germain, for those who are interested to learn more about the OxPo exchanges.
As a reminder, the permanent academic staff, young doctors and doctoral students of Sciences Po are eligible to apply for an OxPo exchange to Oxford. Questions are welcome to email@example.com.
You can find here, more information.
Deadline for applications: 15 March 2019
|OxPo fellows have developed networks and gained confidence in English. Taking part in the exchange has helped themapply for research grants (Princeton, Marie Curie, Harvard, Oxford, ANR); join collective research projects; write, defend and publish dissertations, books and articles; obtain permanent positions and temporary academic positions as assistant professor or maître de conference or in research (CNRS,FNRS, INED) => Read Fellows testimonials|
OxPo seeks to facilitate scholarly exchanges and collaborative projects between Sciences Po in Paris (sociology, history, political science and international relations) and the Departments of Sociology, Politics and International Relations, the Modern European History Research Centre and Social Policy and Intervention in Oxford. It sponsors joint projects, seminars and workshops, conferences and publications. Information about events and exchanges can be found on the OxPo website.
OxPo offers 5 visiting schemes for academics, early career researchers (post-docs), and doctoral students wishing to spend time at the other institution.
The OxPo Scientific Management Committee meets annually at the beginning of Trinity term (late April) to assess the programme’s activities and select participants. Successful candidates will be informed shortly after.
The OxPo exchange scheme is open to/
- Doctoral students from the 4 partner Departments in Oxford.
- Doctoral students from the Ecole Doctorale at Sciences Po.
- Early career researchers who have recently defended their PhD at the Ecole Doctorale in Sciences Po.
- Permanent academic faculty from 4 partner Departments in Oxford.
- Sciences Po Faculty.
The further particulars for these 5 categories of exchange are listed below.
All applications for an exchange in the academic year 2019-20 must be written in English, submitted by 15 Mars 2019 and sent as ONE SINGLE WORD document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
- one short CV (maximum length : 2 A4 pages)
- one letter of motivation (maximum length : 2 A4 pages) highlighting
- the research project or purpose of the application to the exchange scheme, i.e. how the exchange will further their research plans and, in the case of academics, future collaborations;
- the academics you intend to work with in Oxford or in Sciences Po;
- the Sciences Po Research Centre or the Oxford Department (DPIR, Sociology, SPI, MEHRC) you feel you would best fit in;
- the planned dates of your stay (if you are applying from Oxford to Sciences Po or if you are a Sciences Po academic applying to Nuffield).
Applications from PhD students and postdoctoral candidates must also include:
- an application form available on the OxPo website page ‘call for applications’;
- a letter of recommendation from your PhD supervisor;
- the date of your PhD defense (as requested in the form) if you are applying for the postdoctoral fellowship and grant. The PhD must be defended prior to going to Oxford.
- Visa status - If you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you do not need a visa to come to the UK to study. However, if you are from a country outside of the EEA, you may need to apply for a visa before travelling. Please note that OxPo student visitors who require a visa may only study in the UK for a period of six months or less and will need to enter the country as a Short-Term Student (Student Visitor). We do not admit OxPo student visitors under the UK Tier 4 (General) Student route, since this would create fee liabilities for the visitors.
For more information about OxPo, contact Florence Faucher (Sciences Po, CEE) or Stephen Whitefield (Pembroke/DPIR, Oxford): email@example.com.
All applications for an exchange in the academic year 2019-20 must be submitted by 15 March 2019.
OxPo Scientific Management Committee’s priorities :
=> Download the Application Form (.rtf)