Upreti, Patryush Nath
Pratyush Nath Upreti is a Lawyer admitted to the Nepal Bar Council. He is a Doctoral Researcher at Sciences Po Law School, Paris. He is working on the intersection between intellectual property and international investment law under the supervision of Professor Michel Vivant. Previously, he was a visiting research fellow at Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition, Munich, and Centre for Intellectual Property Policy & Management (CIPPM), Bournemouth University (UK). He is a fellow at Global Policy Forum for Nepal (UK) and has advised Government of Nepal on IPRs and Investment issues. As an executive committee member, he leads New IP Lawyers Network under University of Exeter (UK). He serves as an editorial board member of Global Trade and Customs Journal, Kluwer Law International.
He has taught intellectual property, trade, and investment law in Europe-America and Europe-Asia Programme of Sciences Po. He supervises Master students on Sciences Po Clinical project 'Assessing the economic and social rights impacts of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)'s first investments in urban development'.
He holds Bachelor of Law & Bachelor of Science (BSc.LLB) with an honors degree in intellectual property from India and LLM Intellectual Property and Knowledge Management degree from Maastricht University, Netherlands as a UM High Potential Scholar. His interests include intellectual property law, international investment law, and WTO related issues.
He can be reached by email@example.com / Room 411(4th Floor) 13 rue de I'Université.
- Pratyush Nath Upreti & Surya P. Subedi, ‘Nepal Chapter’, in Simon Chesterman, Hisashi Owada, Ben Saul (eds) The Oxford Handbook of International Law in Asia and the Pacific (Oxford University Press, forthcoming April- 2019)
- Pratyush Nath Upreti, ‘IP Licence as an Investment: Insights from Bridgestone v. Panama, (2018) 1(1) Stockholm Intellectual Property Law Review (SIPR)
- Pratyush Nath Upreti, ‘Philip Morris v. Uruguay- A Breathing Space for Domestic IP Regulation’ (2018) 40(4) European Intellectual Property Review (EIPR)
- Pratyush Nath Upreti, ‘From TPP to CPTPP: Why Intellectual Property Matters’ (2018) 13(2) The Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, Oxford University Press.
- Pratyush Nath Upreti, ‘Trumping Local Marks: A Note on Well known trade marks in Nepal’ Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, Oxford University Press (forthcoming 2019)
- Pratyush Nath Upreti, ‘Nepal’s First National IP Policy, 2017: Never too Late’ (2017) 12(7) Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, Oxford University Press.
- Pratyush Nath Upreti, ‘Enforcing IPRs Through Investor-State Dispute Settlement: A Paradigm Shift in Global IP Practice’ The Journal of World Intellectual Property (2016)19(1/2) 53-82
- Pratyush Nath Upreti, ‘Litigating Intellectual Property Issues in Investor-State Dispute Settlement: A Jurisdictional Conflict’ (2016) 11(7/8) Global Trade and Customs Journal 343-351