Alessandro Petti holds an LLM in Comparative, European and International Laws from the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence and a MA in EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies from the College of Europe in Bruges. He has been a Blue Book trainee at the European Commission in Brussels working in the Directorate-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations. He also studied International Relations and Political Science at the Universities of Naples Federico II, Pavia and Konstanz.
He is currently carrying out a PhD project on EU Integration without Membership under the supervision of Professors Loïc Azoulai and Enrico Letta. The project attempts to offer a new perspective on the EU’s legal and political relations with its geographical neighbours.
- EU External Relations Law
- Law and Diplomacy
- EU Economic and Monetary Union Law
- European Administrative Law
- Internal Market Law
- A. Petti, What form of Government for the European Union and for the Eurozone?, Federico Fabbrini, Ernst Hirsch Ballin and Han Somsen (eds), 2015, Oxford, Hart Publishing. (Book review) in European Journal of Legal Studies Vol 9 (2), 2017.
- A. Petti, “EMU inter-se agreements : a laboratory for thinking about associative institutionalism” Cadmus European University Institute, Department of Law, 2015.
- Corte di Giustizia dell’Unione Europea, Seduta Plenaria, Parere 2/13 del 18 dicembre 2014, “Adesione dell’UE alla CEDU”, Rivista Italiana di Diritto Pubblico Comunitario, Fasc. 1-2015.
- M. Crippa, A. Petti – Seminario Internazionale di Studio: “RECHTSPLURALISMUS IN DER EUROPÄISCHEN RECHTSGEMEINSCHAFT”, Rivista Italiana di Diritto Pubblico Comunitario, Fasc. 1-2014, pp. 295-306.
- The EU as an International Actor: Law and Diplomacy (Collège Universitaire- Nancy Campus)
- The European Neighbourhood Policy: EU External Relations Law in Context (Collège Universitaire- Paris Campus)
- Teaching Assistant to the course Regulating the European Internal Market (Master in European Affairs, Sciences Po)