Le Goff, Pierrick
Affiliate professor at Sciences Po
Contact Pierrick Le Goff
Pierrick Le Goff holds a PhD in law from the University of Marburg in Germany. He also holds an LL.M from the University of Pennsylvania (USA), an LL.M from the University of Marburg, and a postgraduate diploma in international law from the University of Paris II Law School. He is a member of the New York Bar.
As a partner at De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés, a corporate law firm with over 120 attorneys, he focuses his practice mainly on international arbitration, major infrastructure projects, and compliance.
Before joining De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés in 2019, Pierrick Le Goff was Group General Counsel of Alstom (2015-2019), a multinational corporation in which he has also held the function of General Counsel of the transport sector (2011-2015) as well as various positions in the energy sector in England, Germany and the German-speaking part of Switzerland (1994-2011). He had previously started his career in Paris in 1992 with a business law firm.
His teaching and speaker activities focus mainly on international business law, international litigation and arbitration, international construction law, corporate social responsibility as well as ethics and compliance. His doctoral thesis researched the particularities of damage compensation in major construction projects and he has authored several doctrinal articles on international contracts and the globalization of the legal practice.
At Sciences Po Law School, Pierrick Le Goff lectures in the field of international contract law and major infrastructure projects in the Master in Economic Law. In addition, he is involved in the Law School Clinic where he addresses regulatory aspects of Corporate Social Responsibility, including the area of ethics and compliance. He also serves as adjunct faculty member at the University of Marburg Law School in Germany where he teaches in the field of international construction law.
Pierrick Le Goff is a member of the Board of Directors of the International Mediation Institute (IMI). He is also a member of the International Law Association (ILA), the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR, the Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA) and the Association for Research and Teaching in Construction Law of the University of Marburg.
- International Business Law
- International Construction Law
- International Litigation and Arbitration
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ethics & Compliance
- “Die Vertragsstrafe in internationalen Verträgen zur Errichtung von Industrieanlagen“ (Les clauses pénales dans les contrats internationaux de construction d’installations industrielles), Editions Tenea Medienverlag, Berlin, 2005, 325 pages.
- “Taking Integrity to the Next Level with the ISO 37001 Standard” (in: “Integrity: A Valuable Proposition”, book released at the occasion of ICC’s International Integrity & Anticorruption Conference, published by ICC Netherlands, The Hague, Netherlands, December, p. 57-61)
- “Arbitrage construction: le rapport d’ICC mis à jour” (“Construction Arbitration: the Updated ICC Report”, co-author, Magazine Echanges Internationaux, ICC France, No. 112, September 2018, p. 16)
- “Compliance et transparence en 2018: les nouvelles obligations de vigilance, d’anti-corruption et d’information extra-financière” (“Compliance and Transparency in 2018: New Obligations of Vigilance, Anticorruption and non-financial reporting”, co-author, sections « Alert Procedures » and « Impact on the Organization and Governance », Law Review « Actes Pratiques et Ingénierie Sociétaire », No. 157, January-February 2018, p. 29-37, p. 29-35)
- “Arbitrage ICC : une institution à l’écoute des utilisateurs” (“ICC Arbitration: An Institution Tuned to the Users”, Magazine Echanges Internationaux, ICC France, No. 110, janvier 2018, p. 27)
- “Arbitration”, in Encyclopedia of Global Studies (eds.: Helmut K. Anheier & Mark Juergensmeyer), SAGE Publication Inc., 2012, pp. 80-81.
- “Une activité juridique au cœur des grands projets internationaux d’infrastructures énergétiques” (A legal activity at the heart of major international power plants construction projects), Juriste d’Entreprise Magazine, No. 10, July 2011, p. 6-8.
- “Global Law: A Legal Phenomenon Emerging from the Process of Globalization”, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies, Band 14, 2007, p. 119-145.
- “Theory and Practice of Contracts for the Construction of Industrial Facilities in Germany: Towards a Lex Mercatoria Germanica?”, International Business Law Journal, 2004, pp. 5-32.
- “A New International Standard for Turnkey Contracts: The FIDIC Silver Book", International Business Law Journal, 2000, p. 151-158.
- “Faut-il supprimer les sociétés à risque limité? Apport et critique de l’analyse économique américaine du droit des sociétés” (Should we ban Limited Liability Companies? A critical review of the US law & economics analysis of corporate law), Revue Internationale de Droit Comparé, 1999, p. 593-617.
- “The French Approach to Corporate Liability for Damage to the Environment”, Tulane European & Civil Law Forum, Tulane University Press, 1997, p. 39-63.