The Department is pleased to be hosting the 2019 REStud tour!
- Sign post with arrows going in four different directions
Every year since 1989 The Review of Economic Studies organizes its “May Meetings”. These include a European tour of talks given by seven of the most promising graduating doctoral students in economics and finance of the world who will present their research to three economics departments or institutions in Europe.
This year’s hosting institutions are Sciences Po, KU Leuven, and the LSE.
The speakers will be:
- Clare BALBONI, LSE : In Harm’s Way? Infrastructure Investments and the Persistence of Coastal Cities
- Sydnee CALDWELL, MIT: Outside Options, Bargaining and Wages: Evidence from Coworker Networks (Jose)
- Ignacio CUESTA, Chicago : Price Regulation in Credit Markets: A Trade-off between Consumer Protection and Credit Access
- Ellora DERENONCOURT, Harvard : Can you move to opportunity? Evidence from the Great Migration
- Wayne GAO, Yale : Robust Semiparametric Estimation in Panel Multinomial Choice Models
- Pooya MOLAVI, MIT : Macroeconomics with Learning and Misspecification: A General Theory and Applications
- Weijie ZHONG, Columbia : Optimal Dynamic Information Acquisition
When? May 16 and 17th, 2019 – save the date!
Where? Sciences Po, CERI, 56, rue Jacob 75006 Paris