DIME-SHS (the French acronym for Data, Infrastructure and Methods of Enquiry in the Humanities and Social Sciences) been awarded a grant from the French government’s scientific equipment of excellence (“Equipex”) program.
This project centres on the collection, processing and analysis of data in the social sciences. It aims to give the humanities and social sciences in France the means to achieve a major qualitative leap in terms of methods of enquiry.
Its originality lies in the use of digital methods to make progress in the three essential phases of research protocols in the humanities and social sciences: production of data through the constitution of panels; tools for the analysis of spontaneous expression on the web; and archiving and dissemination of qualitative investigations.
This network of partners, headed by Nicolas Sauger, Director of the CDSP (Centre de données socio-politiques) brings together research teams from Sciences Po and the following institutions:
- Centre de données socio-politiques de Sciences Po (CDSP)
- Centre d'Etudes Européennes et de Politique Comparée (CEE)
- Groupe des Écoles nationales d'économie et de statistique (GENES)
- l'Institut national d'études démographiques (INED)
- Télécom ParisTech
- EDF R&D
- Réseau Quetelet, French network of data centres for the social sciences