Certificate in European Affairs
The European Affairs (EA) is one-semester program (56 courses and 30 credits) focused on contemporary issues in European relations. It is made up of two core common seminars, two courses from the EA program, one French language course, an elective of their choice, and the Orientation week.
This certificate focused on analysis of European matters in all their aspects. In addition, it is a multidisciplinary program. Courses offered for the certificate approach European issues from a broad range of disciplinary and methodological perspectives, including Political Science, Law, Economics, History, and Geopolitics.
The EA certificate gathered a dynamic group of international students (more than 20 students, 10 countries, and 4 continents in 2015/16). Most of courses are taught in English, but the EA certificate can be validated in French as well.
- The ability to conduct transversal analysis of contemporary European issues
- The ability to study in a multicultural environment
- To develop a thorough understanding of the roles of states, societies, cultures, and non-state actors in European politics
- To acquire a strong background in social science methodology
- To learn to speak and write at an academic level in English and/or French
The EA certificate is for two profiles of students :
- those who seek to specialize in European relations, particularly with the aim of pursuing a master degree in this field.
- those who seek to add an European background on their primary field of study.
Courses taught in recent semesters
- EU and National and Politics Systems
- War and Violence in Eastern Europe
- The EU, The US and World Security
- Social Inequalities in Europe
- British Social & Political History 1945 to the Present day
- Introduction to French Theory
- Policies & Policy making in the European Union
- The Political Economy of the Welfare State
- Une histoire politique de l'Europe
- Penser la démocratie à l'aulne de l'intégration européenne
- Les lieux de pouvoirs de la politique française
How to Apply?
The Certificate in European Affairs is open to all students attending Sciences Po in an exchange program in Reims.
Applications should be submitted through the international office of your home university.