For an interactive map showing Sciences Po conference venue and transport links, click here.
Getting around the City by…
The public transport network serves the entire city and all of its suburbs. The public transport RATP website and the RATP app details all public transport options for both the city and the Parisian region.
A single Metro tickets costs €1.90 and can be used for one journey, including connections. Make sure you keep hold of the ticket until you have completed your journey as you may be asked to show it and may be fined if you are unable produce a valid ticket. A book of 10 tickets can be purchased for €16, saving you on each journey. Tickets are available from ticket offices or machines at metro stations, and also some convenience shops. Metro stops closest to the conference venue are:
- Saint-Germain-des-Prés on line 4 (Porte de Clignancourt – Porte D’Orleans)
- Rue du Bac on line 12 (Porte de la Chapelle – Mairie d’Issy)
You can use your metro tickets on the bus, however they are only valid for one single journey with no connections. You will need another ticket if you change onto a different bus, or connect to a different mode of transport. Bus tickets are also available from the bus driver, but be sure to have the correct change. Bus routes which stop near to the conference venue are:
- 39 (Gare du Nord / Issy-Freres Voisin)
- 48 (Palais Royal / Porte des Lilas)
- 63 (Porte de la Muette / Gare de Lyon)
- 70 (Radio France / Hotel de Ville)
- 86 (Saint-Germain des Pres / St-Mande Parc Zoologique)
- 87 (Porte de Reuilly / Champs de Mars)
- 94 (Gare Montparnasse / Levallois Louison Bobet)
- 95 (Porte de Vanves / Porte de Montmartre)
- 96 (Gare Montparnasse / Porte des Lilas)
If you want to use a taxi to get around Paris, you can hail a cab, go to a taxi rank or call a taxi firm. Make sure you take only a licensed taxi; which must have:
- the illuminated ‘Taxi Parisien’ sign on the vehicle roof
- a display meter showing the cost of the journey
- a display at the rear of the vehicle
- a plate on the front wing bearing the licence number
Taxis must apply one of three fares. For fare details, please visit the Paris Convention and Visitors Bureau website.