Summer School: Applications are Open
- Students posing for a selfie on the Pont des Arts ©Didier Pazery / Sciences Po
The Summer School is an opportunity for students from around the world to discover Sciences Po over the course of a summer on our Paris and Reims campuses. Here’s what you need to know before starting your application!
In 2019, the Summer School offers two programmes:
University Programme for students and graduates
- Location: Paris Campus
- Programme Dates: Two four-week sessions: 3-28 June & 2-26 July 2019. Held on the Paris campus in the heart of the historic Saint-Germain-des-Prés neighbourhood, the University Programme proposes two academic tracks in social sciences and French language. Students choose a core class from one track, plus an optional elective class; both tracks are offered during each session.
- Students in the social sciences track delve into one of Sciences Po’s core disciplines, with courses in international relations, political science, economics, public policy, sociology, history and more. Courses are taught in English by Sciences Po professors.
- Students in the French language track are placed at one of six levels of French, from complete beginner to advanced. At all levels, students take a variety of courses to reinforce language learning while benefiting from immersion in Paris.
- Optional elective classes, open to students in both tracks, allow participants to combine the study of French language and social sciences.
Pre-College Programme for high school students
- Location: Reims and Paris campuses
- Programme Dates: One three-week session, 7-27 July 2019
The Pre-College Programme is a unique opportunity for secondary school students to discover university life and academics at Sciences Po. Master classes, taught entirely in English by Sciences Po professors and researchers, address current international issues from an interdisciplinary perspective, while elective classes allow students to delve into one of Sciences Po’s core disciplines (international relations, political science, law, etc.) or to study French as a foreign language.
The first two weeks of the Pre-College Programme take place on Sciences Po’s campus in the historic city of Reims, in the heart of France’s Champagne region. During the final week in Paris, students take classes on Sciences Po’s Paris campus and explore the capital’s landmarks and cultural sites.