Financial aid for your housing

Financial aid for your housing

All students need to know about the C.A.F.
  • Piggy bank with sunglasses ©ShutterstockPiggy bank with sunglasses ©Shutterstock

The following information is important to keep in mind when filing for housing aid. 

  • You need to have a French bank account to receive benefits (you will be asked to provide your “Relevé d’identité bancaire” or “RIB”)
  • When you arrive in France, file for aid as swiftly as possible
  • Talk to your landlord: they will need to fill out a form and may help you with submitting some of the information pertaining to your lease
  • Appointments with your local CAF office: meetings can be scheduled online through your account; appointments are free and the individuals at the CAF office will be able to guide you through the process and provide you with any forms to be filled out. If you do not speak French, you may want to ask someone who does to join you.

Should you have any concerns or need more information, contact the student life advisor at your respective campus with your questions.

Related Links

Back to top