2020 Rules Adjustments: International Undergraduate Admissions
In accordance with the decisions made by the board of Sciences Po, and in compliance with the measures taken by the French government in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, the rules pertaining to the international admission procedure to the Sciences Po undergraduate programme shall not be uphold as originally set up, and are adjusted as follows.
Changes in the admission schedule
- Submission of the complete application file: Applicants must fill out and submit a complete application file before 19 April 2020, 11:59 PM (Paris time).
- Admissibility decision release: Pre-selected candidates will be notified by email, approximately 4 weeks after submission of their complete application file.
- Interview invitation: Pre-selected candidates will receive by email an invitation to a remote admission interview at a specified date. If the applicant is not available, Sciences Po will reschedule the interview.
- Admission interviews calendar: Interviews will take place from mid-April to early June 2020.
- Admission decision release: Admission decisions will be notified by email 5 weeks after the admission interview.
Completion and submission of the application file
All sections and required documents remain unchanged.
Please note: Interviews are altered and digitized according to the below-mentioned terms. However, in the “Interviews” section, applicants must still choose 2 fictional sessions among coming sessions in order to complete their file, even though their interview will not take place during the selected sessions.
Organisation of the admission interview
All locations and dates of our international interviews are disrupted. From mid-April onwards, we will set up a streamlined form of discussion with the candidate to guide the admission decisions that will be taken during one of the three admission panels scheduled before the end of the campaign.
The discussion will be carried out through videoconference, using the Zoom application (the application can be downloaded free of charge, and be used without any account setup) or any other application mutually agreed with the candidate upon reception of the interview invitation:
- At the beginning of the interview, candidates will be asked to display an identification document in front of the camera, in order to prove their identity.
- Sciences Po will contact each candidate by email to confirm the date and time slot of the interview, and to make sure that the application is working properly.
Conduct of the admission interview
The interview will last 20 minutes (instead of 30 minutes as originally planned):
- Two Sciences Po representatives will conduct the interview.
- The purpose of the interview will be to assess the candidate's speaking skills, motivation, interest in innovation, intellectual curiosity, as well as his/her command of the language of the programme for which he/she has applied;
- As candidates will no longer be asked to comment a news article, no reading time will be granted prior to the start of the interview.
In order to best ensure equal treatment among all candidates, the aforementioned arrangements will still apply after the health crisis ends, should admission interviews be still taking place by that time.