- Alumni & Donors
- US Sciences Po Foundation
- Sciences Po
- Support Us
- News & Events
- Annual Benefit
Studies at a Glance
Launched over 140 years ago, Sciences Po is renowned as the training ground for France’s government and business leaders. Highly regarded undergraduate and graduate level programs prepare students for an increasingly globalized society whether their professional goals are in the private or public sector.
A word-class university, Sciences Po provides a solid education in the human and social sciences, emphasizing both fundamental knowledge and professional preparation.
Since 2000, it has offered degree programs of three, five, or eight years of study, making it compatible with universities in all regions of the world.
Science Po’s multicultural University College is a gateway to understanding today’s globalized world. Seven campuses in historic centers of major French cities offer a rigorous, three-year undergraduate program, which requires a third year of study abroad.
- Core disciplines: Law, Economics, History, Sociology, and Political Science
- 7 multicultiral campuses: Central and Eastern Europe in Dijon, Asia in Le Havre, Middle East and Mediterranean in Menton, Europe and Franco-German area in Nancy, Latin America in Poitiers, Africa in Reims, North America in Reims, the Paris campus offers a general social sciences program.
- 25 foreign languages taught
- 3,850 lecturers
Sciences Po’s Five Graduate Schools: The Paris School of International Affairs, the Law School, the Journalism School, the School of Communication, and the School of Public Affairs.
- More than 30 Master’s Degree programs
- 3 semesters at Sciences Po and 1 semester for internship or university exchange
- 10 research centers
- 220 permanent research faculty
- 400 doctoral students
- 10,000 scholarly articles published on SPIRE open archive
A Global Orientation
Sciences Po’s intellectual project is based on the global dimension of its teaching, research, and campus community.
- 410 partner universities
- 1,300 students on foreign exchanges every year
- 2 out of 3 international students are in degree programs
- 34 dual degree programs
- 60% of library holdings in foreign languages
- 30% of faculty hired from abroad since 2009
Thanks to special admission procedures and international promotion campaigns, Sciences Po is able to admit students from all socioeconomic backgrounds from France and around the world. The diversity of the Sciences Po student body is supported by its ambition financial aid policy.
- 46% of students are international
- 14,000 applicants to Sciences Po in 2013
- 13,000 students
- 130 nationalities represented