- Alumni & Donors
- University Programme
- Pre-College Programme
- Contact Us
Home > Apply to the 2018 Summer School
- Studying in Luxembourg Gardens (photo: Shutterstock/Yahdi Bin Rus)
The Summer School is now accepting applications for the 2018 University and Pre-College Programmes!
- Eligibility: University students, graduates, and high school students in their final year of secondary studies. Learn more about eligibility requirements.
- Programme Dates: Two four-week sessions: 4-28 June 2018 & 3-27 July 2018.
- How to Apply: University Programme application instructions.
Held on the Paris campus in the heart of the historic Saint-Germain-des-Prés neighbourhood, the University Programme proposes two academic tracks in social sciences and French language. Both academic tracks are offered during the June and July sessions. Each session, students pick one core course from either academic track and, in addition, may choose to take an optional elective class.
- Students in the social sciences track delve into one of Sciences Po’s core disciplines, with courses in international relations, political science, economics, public policy, sociology, history and more. Courses are taught by Sciences Po professors in both English and French.
- Students in the French language track are placed at one of six levels of French, from complete beginner to advanced. At all levels, students take a variety of courses to reinforce language learning while benefiting from immersion in Paris.
- Optional elective classes, open to students in both tracks, allow participants to explore a new topic, delve into a subject of interest, or combine the study of French language and social sciences.
- Eligibility: High school students who will still be enrolled in secondary school in Fall 2018. Learn more about eligibility requirements.
- Programme Dates: One three-week session, 8-28 July 2018.
- How to Apply: Pre-College Programme application instructions.
The Pre-College Programme is a unique opportunity for secondary school students to discover university life and academics at Sciences Po. Master classes, taught entirely in English by Sciences Po professors and researchers, address current international issues from an interdisciplinary perspective, while elective classes allow students to delve into one of Sciences Po’s core disciplines (international relations, political science, law, etc.) or to study French as a foreign language.
The first two weeks of the Pre-College Programme take place on Sciences Po’s campus in the historic city of Reims, in the heart of France’s Champagne region. During the final week in Paris, students take classes on Sciences Po’s Paris campus and explore the capital’s landmarks and cultural sites.