- Alumni & Donors
- Get started
- Fees & Funding
- Get involved
Conditions for obtaining the Sciences Po Master's Degree
In order to gain a Master’s degree from Sciences Po, students must meet the following conditions:
- Be enrolled in a Master’s programme for at least four semesters
- Fulfil all academic requirements
- Complete two core curriculum courses
- Complete an economics course
- Complete all specialised courses required by the Master’s programme in which they are enrolled
- Complete a semester off campus, an internship for apprenticeship students or a research thesis
- Attain English proficiency equivalent to at least C1 within the Common European Framework of Reference
- Complete the Grand Oral examination
- Obtain at least 120 ECTS credits.
Should a student fail to meet any of the requirements for the Master’s degree, he or she must register for an additional semester.
If you are:
- a graduate student confirmed by the June session of the jury: your graduation certificate will be available at the beginning of July at the Pôle central office (ground floor, 27, rue Saint-Guillaume).
- a student with conditional status,i.e. pending:
- "C1" language certification,
- internship validation,
- dual degree or study abroad validation,
- or regularisation of administrative situation,
Your graduation certificate can be issued on request.
If you are unable to collect your certificate in person, you may give a written authorisation to the person of your choice. If you are abroad, please make your request on line.
Electronic diploma and diploma supplement
As our institution is engaged in a de-materialization process, all graduate students who have been confirmed by the juries of February and June will automatically receive an email in December, via your Sciences Po email account, with a link to a secure platform in order to download your electronic diploma (in French) and diploma supplement (in French and English). The diploma supplement is a document describing the knowledge and skills acquired by holders of higher education degrees. It provides additional information to that included in the official diploma, making it more easily understood, especially by employers or institutions outside the issuing country.
Once you have activated your account by clicking on this link, you will be able to securely access your official documents, which you can download and share as required with online recruiters. When hiring, recruiters regularly check the diploma and qualifications of their future employees, often directly contacting the student’s university. This secure platform therefore enables you to share your diploma on professional and social networks.
The diploma supplement is a document describing the knowledge and skills acquired by
holders of higher education degrees. It provides additional information to that included in
the official diploma, making it more easily understood, especially by employers or institutions outside the issuing country.
Your official printed diploma can be requested online from Sciences Po, once only.
High point of their academic career for Master’s and PhD students, the graduation ceremonies bring together new graduates and their guests in prestigious company, including the President of Sciences Po and members of the administration. They take place at the beginning of the summer, a few days after the graduation jury. During the ceremony, graduates will be presented with a symbolic congratulatory certificate, prior to obtaining their official documents.