- Alumni & Donors
- Get started
- Fees & Funding
- Get involved
Home | Get started | Orientation programmes | Welcome Programme for exchange students on the Paris campus
Welcome Programme for exchange students on the Paris campus
Our Welcome Programme is an introductory week aimed to exchange students coming to study on our Paris-based campus.
This introduction week is organized at the start of each semester in order to give students all the key information and tools that will contribute to make their stay at Sciences Po a success. This paid programme is optional. Enrolled students will receive 2 credits ECTS.
- Next session: from January 19th to January 26th, 2018 for admitted students to 2017-2018 Spring semester
- Price: 250 euros
The Welcome programme starts on January 19th with an opening ceremony during which a welcome breakfast is offered.
The programme consists in:
- Workshops on the Sciences Po working methodology, delivered by Sciences Po faculty. Both experienced faculty and PhD students who recently started to teach are chosen to animate these workshops. The workshops are proposed in French and in English and last 10 hours (2h/day) including 4 hours outdoors.
- A conference on the political life in France (1h30), in amphitheatre, available in French and in English. The talk is extremely interesting and allows an introduction to the French political life, its stakes and specificities, in comparison to other countries, through the study of newspapers headlines.
- Information sessions: “Meet the Services” (accommodation, administrative registration, visa, student life..) and the “Forum for the associations”.
- Campus visits: a treasure hunt in the library (new), visits of the different Sciences Po campus buildings.
- Cultural activities: a guided visit (in group of 25) of the art masterpieces at the Musée d’Orsay, a half day in the “Secret Paris” taking you around the hidden spots unknown to the Parisians themselves, boat tours on La Seine, Wine and Cheese cocktail, “Paris & its mysteries” and “Paris by night”.
- Recreational activities and team building: “ice breakers” group games, “French speaking time” game, everyday life workshops, convivial lunches.
The Welcome Programme meet three objectives:
- Academic objective: teach the Sciences Po methodology and the political life in France,
- Integration objective: discover Sciences Po and learn its functioning,
- Social and cultural objective: meet other students and discover Paris in the ideal conditions
Dates: January 19th to January 26th, 2018 (Spring Semester 2017-2018)
Eligibility: Undergraduate exchange students on the Paris campus for one or two semesters.
Please note that places are limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Price: 250 euros
How to register for the Welcome Programme
Welcome Programme registration and payment period : October 23rd to November 24th, 2017
There are two steps to follow:
You must register online through your Student account with your username and password.
- Click on "Academic services"
- Click on "Online course registration"
- Choose the semester "inscriptions spécifiques"
- Click on the link for the Welcome programme
- Click on "I wish to register for the welcome programme"
- Tick the box "welcome programme" and register
Return to the main menu page in your Student account by clicking on "Home" click on "Student services" and select "Welcome Programme Online payment." You will automatically see the amount you are required to pay and you should select "pay here" to proceed with your online payment. Your registration will be confirmed immediately after the online payment.
Registration for the Welcome programme is carried out on a first come, first served basis. Please note that the number of places is limited and that we cannot guarantee participation to everyone.
If you have registered and decide to no longer take part in the Welcome programme, you must inform us by email.
Newcomer exchange students not taking part in the Welcome Programme
A welcome meeting address by the representative of Sciences Po directors and student associations will take place on January 23rd at 10.30 in 27 rue St Guillaume, lecture hall Chapsal.