- Nos activités dans le monde
- Notre réseau international
- Étudier à Sciences Po
- Nous contacter
- Étudiants de Sciences Po
Scholarships for the Asia-Pacific region
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the grants and scholarships available for students who wish to study in the Asia-Pacific region. Please note that some of them are allocated to specific study projects or countries.
Scholarships to study in China
- Scholarships from the China Scholarship Council for European students going to China. The Chinese government scholarship (French/Chinese) is awarded to students from the European Union going to China on an exchange or degree programme
- Fudan University scholarship: awarded to 30 students studying for a Master’s or PhD degree at Fudan University.
- Jérôme Lohez 9/11 scholarship Foundation (for students of the dual degrees Sciences Po/Fudan University)
- Paola Sandri study grant (Fr): for a research trip to China of at least one month’s duration.
- Zhang Heng programme: the programme’s objective is to enable a group of young researchers to discover the research conducted in China in their field and help them to identify potential partners. A one-week-long stay will be financed and organized by the science and technology office of the French Embassy in China (Fr) in collaboration with the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Grants for young researchers: the science and technology service and the cooperation and culture service of the French Embassy in China (Fr) provide schemes each year to support researcher mobility between France and China.
- Mobility grant for doctoral research on contemporary China from the French Center for Research on Contemporary China (CEFC).
Scholarships to study in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong government scholarship: intended for graduate students who want to pursue PhD study in Hong Kong.
- Scholarships for PhD students going to Hong Kong universities.
Scholarships to study in Japan
- MEXT scholarship (Japan): available to graduate students for a study period in Japan.
- Japanese government scholarship: the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (Monbukagakusho, MEXT) offers study and research scholarships to French students.
- Japan Student Service Organisation (JASSO) scholarship: awarded to a Sciences Po student on exchange in Japan. For more information, contact Marie Azuelos.
- Canon Foundation research fellowship: the Canon Foundation offers research fellowships to Master’s or doctoral students who wish to undertake a period of research in Japan.
Scholarships to study in New Zealand
- New Zealand France Friendship Fund scholarship (Fr): designed to facilitate student mobility between France and New Zealand by granting two scholarships each year. One goes to a young New Zealander for graduate studies in France, the other goes to a young French student for graduate studies in New Zealand.
- Dream New
Other grants and scholarships
- ASEM DUO: a fellowship granted to professors and students on exchange between Asia and Europe.
- Taiwan grants: awarded to PhD students and professors.
- LVMH scholarship: awarded to three students planning a study programme in Asia related to the luxury industry.
- Hubert-Curien partnerships: the Hubert Curien Partnerships (PHC) are part of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ policy of support to international science and technology exchanges. They are implemented with the support of the French Ministry of National Education and Ministry of Higher Education and Research.