- Alumni & Donors
- About us
Master in Private Banking and Wealth Management
The Master in Private Banking and Wealth Management is a one-year master program for young graduates interested in private banking, wealth and asset management and humanities. It is the ideal program for serious students aspiring to become truly specialized private bankers and wealth managers.
The program focuses on the fundamentals of private banking and, in particular, provides students with critical knowledge regarding wealth planning, investment strategy and assets allocation, financing, corporate solutions, regulation and the global environment of wealth management. Students will also benefit from the training provided by experts and bankers from Société Générale Private Banking, one of the leading relational banks in its markets.
These foundational courses are contextualized and grounded in the humanities through Sciences Po's core curriculum courses in political science, law, sociology, history and economics and completed by specialized skills training in ethics and compliance.
In particular, the Master in Private Banking and Wealth Management will:
- Foster their analytical capacity through a multidisciplinary approach
- Develop their skills in client relationship management, and managerial skills in general, with an emphasis on professional negotiation and digital challenges
- Develop their expertise across all private banking disciplines including wealth planning, global investment strategy optimization and financing (private and corporate solutions).
- Offer a privileged connection to Sciences Po's network of corporate partners and facilitate access to the labor market
- Offer a privileged access to Société Générale Private Banking
Innovative teaching methods
The master emphasizes interdisciplinary analytical tools and hands-on training workshops as essential to understanding and performing in the field of private banking and wealth management.
Highly senior professionals from Société Générale Private Banking will directly teach some of the modules.
It is built on a case study approach that is further enriched by the experience and the diversity of the cohort. A high level of interaction is fostered by the small size of the class.
Students also have access to the full curriculum of Sciences Po's School of Management and Innovation in business, management, finance and economics as well as Sciences Po's graduate "common core curriculum" in the humanities. They may choose from a wide range of courses and workshops offered in English and French, according to their individual academic and professional needs and interests.
The Master draws upon Sciences Po's world-class faculty and its unparalleled network of experts. The program also mobilizes the Sciences Po alumni community, whose members are committed to mentoring and guiding students in their projects and career development as well as to teaching "Masterclasses".
Core courses are taught by both members of its permanent faculty - notably calling upon the deep knowledge and expertise of Sciences Po's Department of Economics - and by experts from Société Générale Private Banking, our corporate partner.
Structure and curriculum
Taught entirely in English with optional courses taught in English and French, the program includes:
- The Fall Semester made up of seven core courses and two electives
- A two-week internship in January in private banking as a first step onto the labor market and as a networking opportunity – provided by Sciences Po
- The Spring semester made up of eight core courses and two electives
- The final Summer semester, made up of six advanced courses and three case studies dedicated to developing practical leadership and management/professional skills.
In addition to these courses, students must choose to enroll in a language course. Non-French speakers are encouraged to enroll in French language classes.
The overall required number of credits is 100 ECTS, the equivalent of about 25 courses, which makes the curriculum one of the most demanding specialized master programs.
The Master in Private Banking and Wealth Management offers students the opportunity to prepare for professional certificates exams, optimising their chance of success.
- Scientific Co-Directors: Stéphane Guibaud, Professor, Department of Economics
- Scientific Co-Directors: Nicolas Cagi Nicolau, Head of Commercial and Marketing at Société Générale Private Banking
- Academic Advisor: Anne-Laure Faure - Ph. +33 (0)1 45 49 76 52
- Academic Assistant: Elphie Santiso - Ph. +33 (0)1 45 49 56 19
The candidates must hold at least a bachelor degree with either 3-year work experience or a Master Year 1 under validation and, ideally, internship experience. They must demonstrate proficiency in English.
Tuition fees for the entire program are set at 21 000€ for the 2017-18 academic year. Sciences Po awards scholarships to a select number of outstanding students that come in the form of tuition waivers, ranging from 10 to 50% of total fees.
One year Master programs are full-time and begin in August.
In Partnership with Société Générale