- Alumni & Donors
- About us
- Core curriculum
- Master in International Management and Sustainability
- Master in Finance and Strategy
- Master in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
- Master in Innovation & Digital Transformation
- Master Communications, Media and Creative Industries
- Master Marketing: New Luxury & Art de Vivre
- Joint Master of Law and Finance
- One-year master's programmes
- Dual degrees
Home > Education > One-year master's programmes > Master in Financial Regulation and Risk Management
Master in Financial Regulation and Risk Management
The Master in Financial Regulation and Risk Management is Sciences Po's one-year program for young graduates interested in regulatory issues, corporate finance, risk management, compliance and humanities. It is the ideal program for driven students aspiring to become truly specialized in the field of financial regulation and risk management whether it is in the private or public sector.
The program focuses on the fundamentals of finance and, in particular, provides students with critical knowledge regarding corporate finance, regulation and risk management. These foundational courses are contextualized and grounded in the humanities through Sciences Po's core curriculum courses in political science, law, sociology, history and economics and completed by specialized skills training in ethics and compliance.
In particular, the Master in Financial Regulation and Risk Management will:
- Foster their analytical capacity through a multidisciplinary approach
- Prepare students for a wide range of professional exams, including those for Chartered Financial Analyst, Financial Risk Manager, UK Regulatory Certificate, and Bloomberg Markets Concept Certificate
- Develop their corporate and market finance skills
- Offer a privileged connection to Sciences Po's network of corporate partners and facilitate access to the labor market
Innovative teaching methods
The master emphasizes interdisciplinary analytical tools and hands-on training workshops as essential to understanding and performing in the field of regulation, compliance, corporate finance and asset management.
It is built on a case study approach that is further enriched by the experience and the diversity of the cohort. A high level of interaction is fostered by the small size of the class.
Students also have access to the full curriculum of Sciences Po's School of Management and Innovation, in business, management, finance and economics as well as Sciences Po's "common core curriculum" in the humanities. They may choose from a wide range of courses and workshops offered in English and French, according to their individual academic and professional needs and interests.
The Master calls upon Sciences Po's world-class faculty and its unparalleled network of experts. The program also mobilizes the Sciences Po alumni community, whose members are committed to mentoring and guiding students in their projects and career development as well as to teaching "master classes".
Core courses are taught by both members of its permanent faculty and by adjunct professors who are leading industry specialists from Sciences Po's corporate partners. The program draws upon the deep knowledge and expertise of Sciences Po's Department of Economics and notably its cuttingedge research activities supported by the Banque de France Chair in Banking Regulation.
Structure and Curriculum
Taught entirely in English with optional courses taught in English and French, the program includes:
- The Fall Semester made up of six core courses and two electives
- The Spring semester made up of seven core courses and two electives
- The final Summer semester made up of six advanced courses dedicated to developing practical leadership and management/professional skills.
In addition to these courses, students must choose to enroll in a language course. Non-French speakers are encouraged to enroll in French language classes.
The overall required number of credits is 100 ECTS, the equivalent of about 25 courses, which makes the curriculum one of the most demanding specialized master programs.
The Master in Financial Regulation and Risk Management offers students the opportunity to prepare for professional certificates exams, optimising their chance of success.
"I wanted to make sure my skills were still up to date"
After ten years with General Electric, Megan Carroll enrolled in the Master's programme in Financial Regulation and Risk Management on the Sciences Po campus in Paris.
Read Megan Carroll's interview.
- Scientific Director: Jean-Pierre Landau, Afiliated Professor, Department of Economics
- Academic Advisor: Georges-Emmanuel Rosmade - Ph. +33 (0)1 45 49 76 17
- Academic assistant: Diely Faye - Ph. +33 (0)1 45 49 56 19
The candidates must hold at least either a Bachelor degree plus 3-year work experience or a Master Year 1 under validation plus 1-year of relevant work experience (internship included). They must demonstrate proficiency in English.
Tuition fees for the entire program are set at 21 000€ for the 2017-18 academic year. Sciences Po awards tuition waivers to a select number of outstanding students, ranging from 10 to 50% of total fees.
One year Master programs are full-time and begin in August.
- One-Year Master's
- Language: English
- ECTS: between 75 and 100