- Enseignants / Chercheurs
- Alumni & Donateurs
- L'École doctorale
- Présentation des masters
- Doubles diplômes de Master
- Admission en master
- Droits de scolarité
- Bourses et aides financières
- Aide à la mobilité
- Le mémoire de recherche
- Le doctorat
- Admission en thèse
- Droits de scolarité
- Doubles diplômes de doctorat
- Programmes d'échanges internationaux
- Devenir professionnel
- Ressources & services
- Contacts & annuaires
Accueil › OXPO ›
The Oxford-Sciences Po Research Group
Information meeting: January 26, 2018 at 10 a.m at Sciences Po
- Diliff - The interior of Duke Humphrey's Library
Deadline for applications: 12 March 2018
An information meeting on OXPO (the Oxford-Sciences Po Research Group in the Social Sciences) will take place on: January 26 at 10 a.m - meeting room of the Doctoral School, 3rd floor, 199 boulevard Saint-Germain.
OxPo seeks to facilitate scholarly exchanges and collaborative projects between Sciences Po in Paris (sociology, history, political science and international relations) and the Departments of Sociology, Politics and International Relations, the Modern European History Research Centre and Social Policy and Intervention in Oxford. It sponsors joint projects, seminars and workshops, conferences and publications. Information about events and exchanges can be found on the OxPo website.
OxPo offers 5 visiting schemes for academics, early career researchers (post-docs), and doctoral students wishing to spend time at the other institution.
The OxPo Scientific Management Committee meets annually at the beginning of Trinity term (late April) to assess the programme’s activities and select participants. Successful candidates will be informed shortly after.
The OxPo exchange scheme is open to/
- Doctoral students from the 4 partner Departments in Oxford.
- Doctoral students from the Ecole Doctorale at Sciences Po.
- Early career researchers who have recently defended their PhD at the Ecole Doctorale in Sciences Po.
- Permanent academic faculty from 4 partner Departments in Oxford.
- Sciences Po Faculty.
The further particulars for these 5 categories of exchange are listed below.
All applications for an exchange in the academic year 2018-19 must be written in English, submitted by 12 March 2018 and sent as ONE SINGLE WORD document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
- one short CV (maximum length : 2 A4 pages)
- one letter of motivation (maximum length : 2 A4 pages) highlighting
- the research project or purpose of the application to the exchange scheme, i.e. how the exchange will further their research plans and, in the case of academics, future collaborations;
- the academics you intend to work with in Oxford or in Sciences Po;
- the Sciences Po Research Centre or the Oxford Department (DPIR, Sociology, SPI, MEHRC) you feel you would best fit in;
- the planned dates of your stay (if you are applying from Oxford to Sciences Po or if you are a Sciences Po academic applying to Nuffield).
Applications from PhD students and postdoctoral candidates must also include:
- an application form available on the OxPo website page ‘call for applications’;
- a letter of recommendation from your PhD supervisor;
- the date of your PhD defense (as requested in the form) if you are applying for the postdoctoral fellowship and grant. The PhD must be defended prior to going to Oxford.
- Visa status - If you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you do not need a visa to come to the UK to study. However, if you are from a country outside of the EEA, you may need to apply for a visa before travelling. Please note that OxPo student visitors who require a visa may only study in the UK for a period of six months or less and will need to enter the country as a Short-Term Student (Student Visitor). We do not admit OxPo student visitors under the UK Tier 4 (General) Student route, since this would create fee liabilities for the visitors.
For more information about OxPo, contact Florence Faucher (Sciences Po, CEE) [email@example.com] or Stephen Whitefield (Pembroke/DPIR, Oxford) [firstname.lastname@example.org].
All applications for an exchange in the academic year 2018-19 must be submitted by 12 March 2018.
OxPo Scientific Management Committee’s priorities :