- Enseignants / Chercheurs
- Alumni & Donateurs
- L'École doctorale
- Présentation des masters
- Master Sciences Po / Ecole du Louvre
- Admission en master
- Aide à la mobilité
- Le mémoire de recherche
- Droits de scolarité
- Bourses et aides financières
- Le doctorat
- Admission en thèse
- Droits de scolarité
- Doubles doctorats
- Programmes d'échanges internationaux
- Devenir professionnel
- Ressources & services
- Contacts & annuaires
Accueil › Call for Applications ›
Doctoral Fellowship at the Max Planck-Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies
Application deadline: 15 March 2017
- Call for Applications - Doctoral Fellowship at the Max Planck-Sciences Po
The Max Planck Sciences Po Center invites applications for doctoral fellowships. The recipients of the PhD fellowship will work under the supervision of Prof. Jenny Andersson or Prof. Olivier Godechot and will have to apply for formal enrollment in the doctoral program in sociology or political science of Sciences Po in Paris.
Applicants should have an expressed interest in MaxPo’s research program, coping with instability in market societies, and a PhD proposal that fits the two research groups at MaxPo. We welcome original and independent proposals. The research themes should be located in economic sociology, political economy, economic or political history and can include:
- The intellectual, political, and economic history of neoliberalism, elite and mass politics, marketisation of social life, concepts of democracy, politics and progress since 1970s, consequences of neoliberalism;
- Sociology of financial markets, labor markets and inequality, team dynamics in organizations and labor markets, the political and social consequences of economic crises.
The candidate will hold a master’s degree (or equivalent) and have received training in the following disciplines: history, sociology, or political science, with additional training in related field such as economics, management, philosophy, or antropology. S/he should have experience with qualitative and quantitative methods. There is no nationality requirement. However, a firm command of English and working knowledge of French or German are required.
Fellowship amount and duration
S2,188/month (gross salary, about S1,600 net); three-year contract starting in October 2017; 12-week period of administrative service to MaxPo, preferably in the first year of the fellowship (to be negotiated with the PhD advisor); a one-semester research stay at the MPIfG in Cologne, preferably during the third year. Our PhD program runs closely with that in Cologne and we offer the possibility of a co-tutelle.
Required documents (to be compiled into one PDF):
- a CV;
- a transcript of records;
- a cover letter briefly describing your intellectual trajectory so far and discussing the themes that interest you (2 pages maximum);
- a thesis project (5,000 words maximum);
- a project title;
- an abstract summarizing the thesis project;
- a writing sample (such as an article, a thesis, or a term paper);
- if possible, we strongly encourage you to obtain one or more letters of recommendation (a letter from your MA advisor would be especially useful).
Please email the complete file to email@example.com by 15 March 2017 (write “MaxPo PhD positions 2017” in the subject line). Incomplete files will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview. Final decisions will be made by mid-April 2017.
Please also note that successful candidates will need to apply for admission through the online procedure of the Ecole doctorale of Sciences Po before 25 April 2017. Administrative registration will occur in June 2017 by the Ecole doctorale of Sciences Po. All the details will be forwarded to the candidates selected for a MaxPo fellowship in April.