- Alumni & Donors
Certificate in Economics and Business
The Business & Economics (BE) is one-semester program (6 courses and 30 credits) focused on contemporary economic issues. It is made up of two core common seminars, two courses from the BE program, one French language course, an elective of their choice, and the Orientation week.
This certificate focused on analysis of economic matters, business and finance in all their aspects. In addition, it is a multidisciplinary program. Courses offered for the certificate approach issues from a broad range of disciplinary and methodological perspectives, including Business, Economy, Statistics, Calculus, Econometrics, Marketing, Finance, History, and Sociology.
The BE certificate gathered a dynamic group of international students (more than 40 students, 15 countries, and 4 continents in 2015/16). Most of courses are taught in English.
- The ability to conduct transversal analysis of contemporary economic issues
- The ability to study in a multicultural environment
- To get the tools for success in the job market
- To acquire a strong background in social science methodology as well as in mathematics
- To learn to speak and write at an academic level in English and/or French
The BE certificate is for two profiles of students :
- those who seek to specialize in European relations, particularly with the aim of pursuing a master degree in this field.
- those who seek to add an European background on their primary field of study.
Courses taught in recent semesters
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Development Economics
- The Business of Wine, Champagne and "Luxe" Marketing
- Monetary Policy
- Corporate Finance
- International Finance and Public Policy
- Applied Econometrics
- Comparative Competition Law -- The US and the EU
- État et économie : approches sociologiques des politiques économiques
- Les politiques de l'emploi et du marché du travail
How to Apply?
The Certificate in Economics & Business is open to all students attending Sciences Po in an exchange program in Reims.
Applications should be submitted through the international office of your home university.