- Alumni & Donors
Reims at a glance
A pleasant academic setting
The college of Reims offers students a comfortable atmosphere for their studies. The campus is located on a 17th century site in a medium-sized urban setting. In the heart of the city, this former Jesuit college is recognised as a historical monument and hosts a grape harvest in the on-site vineyard every September. It is an exceptional setting.
To develop a keen sense of community, and in order to provide high quality student services, the student body is deliberately small, at roughly 800 students.
Move to Reims
Travel can be carried out both by bus and tram.
- Map of the Bus Tram network (in French, PDF, 1.1 Mo)
- More informations about Reims transport network (hours, routes, etc.)
Students can sign-up for a transport pass (fr.). The sign-up is done online and your card can be picked up at Sciences Po in Reims.
Access to the campus from the train stations
- From Reims train station: take the bus lines 4, 6 or 9 until off at Saint Maurice (8th stop).
- From the TGV Champagne-Ardenne: take tram B up to Opera, then the bus lines 4, 5, 6 or 9 until off at Saint Maurice (5th stop).
Restaurants in Reims
The "Place d'Erlon", next to the Reims train station is the perfect place to eat and drink a glass of Champagne possibly after a long day of work. You will find many cafes and restaurants.
Housing can be found in one of the numerous student residences managed by the city of Reims by applying for private housing.
Estimated living expenses per month:
- Room in the university residence hall (rent): from 230€ to 400€
- Studio or apartment in town (rent) : from 350€ to 500€
- Bus/Tram (Citura): 1,60€ a ticket and 28,90€ for the monthly card
- Food: 160€
- Electricity (EDF), gas, water, etc.: 200€ (for private accomodation)
- Telephone: 30€
Culture and sports
Every year in Reims, there are 650 different cultural events. Many of these are organised by the 250 student associations present in Reims. Numerous festivals take place every year and are a testament to the artistic vitality of the region. Musical "flâneries", picnic concerts, the "Elektricity" festival, and "A Scene Ouverte" are all popular gatherings.
Featuring various types of cultural activities, Reims also hosts different artistic organizations (all the following organisation's website are in French only):
- L'Opéra de Reims offers various theatrical and lyrical performances
- La Cartonnerie is dedicated to modern music and musicians
- La Comédie de Reims organizes shows of both classic and contemporary authors
- Le Manège de Reims, offers performances of dance, music and circus
Reims has three movie theaters (all the following movie theater's website are in French only):
All the following newspapers are in French only:
The city of Reims has many sports facilities, including a stadium seating 22,000, 28 gyms, 1 climbing wall, 1 horse racing track, 1 rowing complex, numerous soccer fields, 6 pools, 2 ice skating rinks, and 1 equestrian center. In total, students can participate in more than 100 different sports.
For more informations